NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A 48-year-old man who stole alcohol from the basement of a downtown Nashville, Tennessee pizza place also snorted drugs off the windowsill of the business, police say.
According to officers, Christopher Holmes stole a bottle of vodka Monday from Luigi’s City Pizza on Third Avenue South. Someone at the business also reported Holmes was outside snorting a drug off the restaurant’s window sill.
When police arrived at Luigi’s, they said Holmes was clearly intoxicated. He was questioned and admitted he went into the basement, but only to look for a bathroom, officers said. Holmes also stated that the drug he snorted was his antibiotic.
Holmes was arrested and booked into the Metro jail Monday night on charges including theft, public intoxication, and trespassing. His bond was set at about $18,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Black & Blue Digital Week 7: Streaking Panthers head into bye week with a dilemma
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now