NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A 68-year-old naked man is accused of assaulting several officers in downtown Nashville, Tennessee and making “biological waste” in the back of a police cruiser early Monday morning.
According to an arrest warrant, officers spotted a man in the nude with only his face covered underneath the Shelby Street pedestrian bridge at Second Avenue South. When police ordered him to uncover his head, the paperwork states he attempted to punch the officers, then spit on them multiple times, before kicking them.
While in the back of a patrol car, police said the man “made biological waste” and began chewing on multiple parts of the vehicle.
The man did not have any identification on him, but detectives said they were able to identify him as Roger Oden. The 68-year-old was booked into jail Monday morning on charges including assault on an officer, vandalism, and public indecency.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina receives ‘D’ in social distancing
- Triangle high school golfers reflect on season that could have been
- Woman with Raleigh ties suspected of abducting 9-year-old apprehended in Virginia
- State now tracking COVID-19 outbreaks at longterm care facilities
- Inmate dies after being stabbed by another offender at NC prison
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now