LAKE CITY, S.C. (WBTW) — A Lake City police officer was fired after one week on the job for drug possession while on duty, according to the city.
Kasey Gibbons, 33, was arrested Monday and charged with possession of a schedule IV-controlled substance. Gibbons was found with two milligrams of Alprazolam, a prescription drug used to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Gibbons was employed by the Lake City Police Department since Nov. 2. The city said Gibbons passed a pre-employment drug screening.
Lake City Administrator Stephany Snowden said the city has zero tolerance for this kind of activity and it is not reflective of the hard working men and women in uniform. Snowden said it is a betrayal of the public trust.
Gibbons was released from jail Tuesday.
- CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Bill Reh shares his winter weather predictions
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- New Zealand leader Ardern offers virus know-how to Joe Biden
- Sheetz, NC’s Wicked Weed Brewing team up for donut-infused beer
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys