MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A man is accused of pointing a gun at another man and his 10-year-old son for shooting fireworks on the beach Tuesday night near 72nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach.
According to police, the victim said a male was aggravated that they were shooting fireworks so late and pointed a handgun at both him and his 10-year-old son before leaving the beach.
Witnesses told police the man was wearing a yellow shirt and black pants and went into the Grand Cayman Resort after leaving the beach.
Police said a witness captured the incident on video but the video did not clearly show a handgun.
The identity of the suspect is not known at this time, according to the police report.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Parents question safety of local little leagues
- Which face masks are the most (and least) effective at stopping COVID-19 exposure?
- McAllen man arrested for ex-wife’s death has previous murder attempt convictions
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now