MT. JULIET, Tenn. (WKRN) – Police arrested a man who was found living in an attic crawlspace above a closet in a 14-year-old girl’s bedroom in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee.
According to an incident report, on June 2, a mother called police to Karen Drive to report that her 14-year-old daughter’s boyfriend, identified as 18-year-old Matthew Castro, was standing at the top of the stairs when she got home. She asked him to come down and leave the home. He then ran in the direction of the daughter’s bedroom.
Police said they began searching the home and found the 18-year-old laying on the ceiling rafters in the attic crawlspace. He refused to come down and had to be removed by force.
Officers said they found that Castro had been living in the attic of the home and coming down at night when the 14-year-old girl was in her room with the door secured. The door to the crawlspace was in the young teen’s closet.
Officers said the 18-year-old had previously trespassed in the home back on May 30. The 14-year-old was also the subject of an unruly runaway investigation by Mt. Juliet police. Castro was warned not to have any contact with the young teen.
Castro was charged with aggravated criminal trespass.
- 5 guys arrested after fight at Five Guys restaurant in Florida
- Wife convicted in Georgia soldier’s death, guilty of murder
- VIDEO: 6-year-old baseball coach gets ejected, kicks dirt on ump, tosses bats on field
- Florida man tries to steal car, arrested when he can’t drive a stick shift
- Luke Combs announced as first performer for 2020 Carolina Country Music Festival
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now