PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Authorities are warning the public after a violent sex offender reportedly removed his GPS bracelet.
According to a tweet sent out by the Virginia Department of Corrections Monday morning, Chico Matthew Tibbs, a violent sex offender from Portsmouth removed his GPS bracelet.
Authorities believe he could be a danger to himself or others.
Officials warn the public to not approach or apprehend Tibbs, but rather call (877) 896-5764 or law enforcement.
- Browns, Steelers brawl at end of Cleveland’s 21-7 win
- UNC falls short in overtime loss at Pitt
- No. 14 NC State women beat Lamar 81-40
- Charges dropped against Fayetteville soldier in 2-year-old girl’s 2015 murder case
- Hamilton scores in OT, ‘Canes hold off Sabres’ late rally
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now