NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Police have arrested a homeless man in Tennessee who they say pushed a woman into traffic after she refused to give him money.
News outlets report 65-year-old Timothy Donahoe was arrested Wednesday and charged with assault and reckless endangerment. According to an arrest affidavit, Donahoe approached a woman on the evening of June 21 and asked for money. When the woman said she didn’t carry cash, police say Donahoe punched her and pushed her into the road in front of a moving vehicle.
The vehicle didn’t hit her, but police say her face was bruised. News outlets report she identified Donahoe through a photo lineup.
The reports don’t say whether Donahoe has an attorney who can speak for him.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now