SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Part of Holland Road/Route 58 in Suffolk, Virginia was closed Friday afternoon as crews worked to clear a pile of charred trash.
A fire broke out in the bed of a TFC recycling truck around noon on Friday. The driver noticed the fire and dumped the load onto the road to prevent additional damage to the truck.
Suffolk firefighters responded to the scene and quickly put out the flames.
The city says the westbound lanes near the 3900 block of Holland Road were expected to remain closed until around 3 p.m. while crews worked to remove the debris from the road.
Public Works crews placed detours in the area.
There were no injuries reported.
Latest news on CBS17.com:
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now