MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – One person is recovering after being rescued from a vehicle after it became submerged in a pond.
The incident happened around 4:25 p.m. Saturday at a pond near 1100 Jetport Road in Myrtle Beach, according to a Facebook post from Horry County Fire Rescue.
Horry County Fire Rescue responded alongside Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue.
Two rescue swimmers were sent to save the driver of the vehicle, according to Lt. Evans of Myrtle Beach fire.
The driver was transported to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, where the person is receiving treatment.
It’s unclear how the driver ended up in the pond.
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now