MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – One person is recovering after being rescued from a vehicle after it became submerged in a pond.
The incident happened around 4:25 p.m. Saturday at a pond near 1100 Jetport Road in Myrtle Beach, according to a Facebook post from Horry County Fire Rescue.
Horry County Fire Rescue responded alongside Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue.
Two rescue swimmers were sent to save the driver of the vehicle, according to Lt. Evans of Myrtle Beach fire.
The driver was transported to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, where the person is receiving treatment.
It’s unclear how the driver ended up in the pond.
- Durham Rescue Mission provides shelter to homeless as snow and bitter cold can be ‘really dangerous’
- Gov. Cooper’s proposed requirement for state workers to get COVID-19 booster remains unclear
- NC high school student taken to hospital after health emergency caused by vaping
- Raleigh businesses determined to stay open and recoup losses despite 3rd weekend winter storm in a row
- Boston under threat for historic snowfall; NYC and other Northeast areas brace for massive blizzard