CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) – A little girl is missing from a neighborhood in Cayce.
The girl, 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik, has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, according to a tweet from the City of Cayce.
She is a first-grader at Springdale Elementary School.
Officials said the child was last seen wearing polka dot boots and a black T-shirt. They said she was on her normal bus from school and did make it home.
Swetlik later disappeared from her yard on Londonderry Lane in Cayce and family members started searching for her around 3:45 p.m. Authorities were alerted around 5 p.m. Officials say Swetlik lived at home with her mother but they do not know who was home when she got off the bus.
She is from the Churchill Heights neighborhood.
Lexington County officials held a press conference to discuss Swetlik’s disappearance. They say there are 90 safety personnel on the scene and 20 plus community members are continuing to search.
Lexington County PIO Adam Myrick said the scene will remain active and daylight could change things considerably.
“We will be here until we find Faye. Our work will continue until we determine what happened here,” Myrick said.
During a press conference held the morning of Feb. 11, officials asked that anyone with any leads on Swetlik’s disappearance call the new hotline number at 803-205-4444. That number would be activated at 7 a.m.
Officials also asked that anyone with any surveillance video from the area give the video to law enforcement to help in the search for Swetlik.
Officials also discussed the criteria for an Amber Alert being activated:
- A law enforcement agency or agencies must believe the child has been abducted
- If the child is under 17 and the agency believes they’re in immediate danger or serious harm
- All other possibilities for the disappearance have been reasonably excluded
- There is sufficient information available to give to the public
- The child’s name and other critical data have been entered into the National Crime Information Center
Law enforcement will be interviewing people on Londonderry Lane Feb. 11. to gather more information.
This an ongoing investigation. The Cayce Department of Public Safety say they are still in the process of issuing an alert.
Copyright 2020 WIS. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCSU football parents allowed to attend home opener
- Durham armed robbery leads to police chase that ended in crash
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick
- Memorial ride held in honor of Garner murdered teen
- Fayetteville 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now