CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – Police found a 3-year-old outside in the cold with no coat and no shoes while the child’s mother was passed out on her bedroom floor, according to a report.
Erica Cabana-Serrano, 33, of Heritage Road in Conway, was given three separate doses of Narcan when police found her unconscious and having trouble breathing, according to the officer’s report. While administering aid, police said they found a small plastic bag with three oval blue pills that were later identified as oxycodone.
When EMS arrived at about 10:30 p.m., they were able to revive Cabana-Serrano and it was determined she overdosed on narcotics, according to the report. She was taken to Conway Medical Center for evaluation.
Police said the child has an existing safety plan with DSS and was turned over to the grandmother.
Cabana-Serrano was charged with unlawful neglect of a child and possession of a controlled substance. She remains in the J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $12,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- WATCH: Surveillance video shows chaotic shootout at Virginia apartment complex
- Cannon Hinnant memorial plans to be announced Wednesday in Wilson
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company