DARLINGTON, S.C. (WBTW) – An employee was taken to a hospital after suffering an injury Monday night at a Darlington County hemp processing plant.
Officers responded to Specialty Oil Extractors, LLC around 10 p.m. Monday for an incident involving an employee, according to a report from the Darlington Police Department.
When approaching the employee, police noticed him sitting in a chair and holding his left arm with his shirt sleeve “dripping what appeared to be blood.”
Officers applied a tourniquet to try and stop the bleeding before EMS crews arrived. The employee was transported to MUSC in Florence.
Officers were told the employee was trying to adjust a conveyor belt, when his arm was pulled into the machine.
According to DHEC, Specialty Oil Extractors, LLC is a hemp processing plant.
No information on the condition of the employee is available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Obese bear rescued from Pennsylvania sportsmen’s club recovering in Colorado
- SC bus driver cut out of vehicle after crash with 18-wheeler
- Robeson County sheriff host forum about preventing, responding to shootings in places of worship
- Kids Exchange Consignment Sale begins Friday at NC Fairgrounds
- WATCH: Houston explosion caught on home surveillance video