UPDATE – FEB. 20, 2020: Roger Lupo was released on a $75,000 bond on Feb. 20, 2020, according to online booking records from the Florence County Detention Center.
EFFINGHAM, SC (WBTW) – A Florence man has been charged and is accused of criminal sexual conduct with a 3-year-old.
Roger Dale Lupo, 49, of Bobwhite Trail in Effingham, was arrested on Tuesday by Florence County Sheriff’s Office investigators, according to a press release from the FCSO. He was arrested in Columbia, SC with the help of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department and the Florence Division of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Lupo is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor in the first degree, victim under the age of 11 years, the release said. Investigators allege that between August 2015 and July 2018, Lupo “performed a sex act upon a victim who was 3 years of age at the time.”
Lupo will be held at the FCSO pending a bond hearing.
- 31 people tested in COVID-19 outbreak at Clayton nursing home; some workers walked out last week
- ‘I’ve got to be there for them,’ says Raleigh hospice certified nursing assistant
- ‘Memories are everything’: Cleveland product Caiden Norman treasures role with ECU despite limited playing chances
- 1-year-old shot in head in NC town, police say
- Duke law student recovers from coronavirus, wants others to learn from his experience
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now