LITTLE RIVER, S.C. (WBTW) – Police charged a Loris man with criminal sexual conduct after they say a girl was dropped off at a group home with injuries.
Johnny DeWayne Scott, 39, was arrested after a 15-year-old girl returned to the group home with significant bruising on and around her neck area, according to police. Staff at the group home called police when the girl was dropped off.
“I asked her what had occurred and she revealed she had been sexually assaulted after running away from home,” the officer wrote in the report.
She told police she was picked up by a man in Little River and was driven to an area where the assault happened. She said the assault happened at a “graveyard” near “Wayside Drive.” Police identified this as being in the Loris area.
Her mother was notified and the girl was taken for evaluation. No further information is available at this time.
Scott is in the J. Reuben Detention Center without bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool
- Pregnant NC hit-and-run victim wants justice
- Navy investigates video of dogs attacking Kaepernick fill-in
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations drop to the lowest number in weeks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now