EFFINGHAM, S.C. (WBTW) – A South Carolina man has been charged and is accused of trying to pay a 10-year-old for sex.
Jimmy McKnight, 61, of Sellers Road in Effingham, was arrested by Florence County Sheriff’s Office investigators on Wednesday, according to FCSO Major Michael Nunn. McKnight is accused of soliciting a 10-year-old to have sex with him for money “on or about July 14, 2019.”
McKnight was booked into the Florence County Detention Center around 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, according to booking records. He is charged with one count of criminal solicitation of a minor.
McKnight was released on Thursday on a $10,000 surety bond, Nunn said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era
- Elderly NC woman fights off 19-year-old during attempted rape, deputies say
- President Trump continues to claim broad powers he doesn’t have
- Heavily-traveled Wake County bridge reopens to traffic after being closed for a year
- Raleigh nonprofit wants to teach Spanish-speaking volunteers about COVID-19 contact tracing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now