LUGOFF, S.C. (WIS) – A couple already charged in the death of their baby now faces homicide charges, the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office said Friday.
Donovan Wright, 27, and Taylor Metz, 31, were arrested June 14 on charges of unlawful neglect of a child.
Their 1-year-old girl had fentanyl in her system when she died at their home on Springvale Road, the coroner determined.
After more getting more evidence and lab results, deputies upgraded their charges to homicide by child abuse.
The couple was arrested back in June and had bonded out of jail. Since their charges were upgraded, the pair turned themselves in to KCSO on July 17.
They’re being held in the Kershaw County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WIS. All rights reserved.