CONWAY, SC (WBTW) – James “Jim” Floyd Wright, the longtime transportation director for Horry County Schools, was arrested Thursday night, according to Lisa Bourcier, with Horry County Schools.
Booking records at the J. Reuben Long Detention Center say the 57-year-old was arrested by South Carolina Highway Patrol at around 7:20 p.m. His charges are driving under the influence and a seat belt law violation.
The school system told News13 it is working to gather additional information at this time.
We have reached out to SCHP for more details.
According to Wright’s LinkedIn page, he has worked for Horry County Schools since April 1985.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- NC woman went shopping with $150K virus relief loan
- Fayetteville police arrest man linked to at least 5 break-ins, stolen car
- ‘I thought I was going to die’: 11-year-old boy among 30+ shot in Durham so far this year
- ‘Canes lose consecutive games for 1st time this season, 3-0 to Lightning
- 3 vaccination clinics are planned at Wake County high schools. Find out exactly where