CADDO PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – A convicted sex offender was arrested in Caddo Parish for operating a limo service that catered to children, according to Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator.
Barry Carroll Hartsell, 60, of Atlanta, Texas was arrested on Thursday after the Sheriff’s Office learned he was passing out business cards for his limo business at a local snow cone stand.
In Louisiana, sex offenders are not allowed to own or work for a limo service.
Hartsell is a registered sex offender in the state of Texas, but did not register his employment with the Caddo Sheriff’s Office.
On the Facebook page for his limo service, Hartsell offered a birthday special for children whereby he would drive them to and from school for $25. It also was learned Hartsell handed out his business cards at the local high school.
Hartsell was booked into Caddo Correctional Center for failure to register and notify as a sex offender and prohibition of employment for certain sex offenders.
Hartsell was required to register as a sex offender for life after being convicted in 2005 in Texas of indecency with a child sexual contact involving a 15-year-old victim.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCDPI launches statewide K-12 job board
- Turtle dies after smashing through driver’s windshield in Georgia
- Homeless man accused of attacking, killing 94-year-old man in San Francisco
- Youth baseball beginning to resume across central North Carolina
- College student wanted in 2 Connecticut slayings is captured in Maryland