WESTVILLE, S.C. (WIS) – A man wanted in the murder of a Kershaw County man whose body was dumped on the side of the road is already in jail on similar charges, police said.
The body of Cletis Edward Baker Jr., 44, was found off Damascus Church Road in September.
While deputies arrested four people just days later, no one was charged with murder.
On Thursday, the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office announced another suspect in the crime.
Corey Duane Perrine, 25, of Lexington, now has a warrant for his arrest for the murder of Baker, deputies said.
Perrine wasn’t hard to find, as he’s currently in a North Carolina jail on two attempted murder charges, police said.
KCSO deputies are working to formally charge Perrine with murder in South Carolina.
Copyright 2019 WIS. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Browns, Steelers brawl at end of Cleveland’s 21-7 win
- UNC falls short in overtime loss at Pitt
- No. 14 NC State women beat Lamar 81-40
- Charges dropped against Fayetteville soldier in 2-year-old girl’s 2015 murder case
- Hamilton scores in OT, ‘Canes hold off Sabres’ late rally
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now