WESTVILLE, S.C. (WIS) – A man wanted in the murder of a Kershaw County man whose body was dumped on the side of the road is already in jail on similar charges, police said.
The body of Cletis Edward Baker Jr., 44, was found off Damascus Church Road in September.
While deputies arrested four people just days later, no one was charged with murder.
On Thursday, the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office announced another suspect in the crime.
Corey Duane Perrine, 25, of Lexington, now has a warrant for his arrest for the murder of Baker, deputies said.
Perrine wasn’t hard to find, as he’s currently in a North Carolina jail on two attempted murder charges, police said.
KCSO deputies are working to formally charge Perrine with murder in South Carolina.
Copyright 2019 WIS. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 11 to become Josephine, rest of tropics remain quiet
- CBS 17 Job Alert – US Department of Justice and UPS are hiring
- Big 12 moves ahead with fall sports beginning in September
- Durham man shot in the back, seriously injured; 1 arrested, charged
- 2020 Masters to be held in November without patrons, guests
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now