SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Hundreds of people are without electricity Tuesday morning – and Broad River Electric said a snake is to blame.
According to Broad River Electric officials, a snake slithered into the Cowpens substation. The snake caused a flash, which turned into a fire and caused the power outage.
About 684 people experienced power outages in the Cowpens area, officials said. Electricity has been restored, according to the company’s website.
Officials said the snake did not survive.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child