SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Hundreds of people are without electricity Tuesday morning – and Broad River Electric said a snake is to blame.
According to Broad River Electric officials, a snake slithered into the Cowpens substation. The snake caused a flash, which turned into a fire and caused the power outage.
About 684 people experienced power outages in the Cowpens area, officials said. Electricity has been restored, according to the company’s website.
Officials said the snake did not survive.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake County energy camp going on all week
- Deputies seek help in search for missing NC woman
- Couple caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for part of Wayne County
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now