ANDERSON, S.C. (WSPA) – The Anderson County Coroner’s Office officials said an Anderson Police Department officer was killed Friday morning in a head-on crash on Highway 24.
South Carolina Highway Patrol said the crash happened at about 6:30 a.m. near Wham Road on Highway 24 at the Double Bridges.
Troopers said the driver of a 2013 Dodge SUV was traveling east on S.C. 24 when they crossed over the centerline and crashed into a 2015 Ford SUV that was headed west on S.C. 24.
The driver of the Ford died at the scene.
The coroner’s office confirmed the man who was killed was Sgt. Ethan Kaskin with the Anderson Police Department. Kaskin was a sergeant in investigations.
According to the coroner’s release, Kaskin was traveling in his city vehicle west on Highway 24 Friday morning after working out and was hit head-on by another vehicle traveling east.
Kaskin was returning home to get ready for his shift when the accident occurred.
Coroner Greg Shore said Kaskin died from blunt force trauma.
The driver of the Dodge — a 22-year-old woman — was taken to AnMed for treatment of severe injuries.
The coroner’s office, SCHP and SCHP’s MAIT Team are continuing to investigate the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
- Woman, 2 men killed, another woman injured after BMW hits tree, splits in half in Virginia
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured after car hits tree along Norfolk road
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now