LEWISBURG, Tenn. (WKRN) — A man was arrested after a sword and a BB gun pistol were found Monday inside of a “suspicious vehicle” parked on the campus of an elementary school in Tennessee, authorities said.
Hunter Gigandet, 25, was booked into the Marshall County jail on a charge of carrying weapons on school property.
The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office said a school resource officer at Marshall Elementary School in Lewisburg, Tennessee, received a call of a “suspicious vehicle” on school property around 1:30 p.m. Monday. When Gigandet’s vehicle was searched, investigators said they found the sword and a BB gun pistol.
Upon further investigation, the school resource officer determined Gigandet “had no reason to be on school property.”
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
- Woman, 2 men killed, another woman injured after BMW hits tree, splits in half in Virginia
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured after car hits tree along Norfolk road
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now