LEWISBURG, Tenn. (WKRN) — A man was arrested after a sword and a BB gun pistol were found Monday inside of a “suspicious vehicle” parked on the campus of an elementary school in Tennessee, authorities said.
Hunter Gigandet, 25, was booked into the Marshall County jail on a charge of carrying weapons on school property.
The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office said a school resource officer at Marshall Elementary School in Lewisburg, Tennessee, received a call of a “suspicious vehicle” on school property around 1:30 p.m. Monday. When Gigandet’s vehicle was searched, investigators said they found the sword and a BB gun pistol.
Upon further investigation, the school resource officer determined Gigandet “had no reason to be on school property.”
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure
- Police investigating shooting at Charlotte Walmart on Monday night
- SC man used crossbow to rob woman outside Myrtle Beach hotel, police say