NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police say a teenager died in a shooting on Pollard Street Tuesday afternoon.
Officers responded to the shooting around 4:50 p.m. in the 900 block of Pollard Street.
The teen was pronounced dead at the scene, the department wrote on Twitter.
WAVY News 10 is on the scene, which appears to be at a playground.
Norfolk Police tweeted an update Tuesday around 9:20 p.m. saying a suspect was in custody.
Police did not release any details about the suspect.
- Parents call on Cumberland County schools to rescind decision to continue virtual learning
- Man hurt in drive-by shooting in Durham, police say
- 2 officers shot in Louisville ‘expected to recover’, suspect in custody
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 3 arrested after man run over, killed by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft in California