KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knoxville man is facing child abuse and neglect charges after witnesses say he threw a 1-year-old child.
Jacquez Davis was taken into custody on Monday after officers responded to a domestic dispute between Davis and his girlfriend. The victim told officers their verbal argument had turned physical.
Davis allegedly punched the woman in the face before throwing their child a distance of more than 15 feet over a concrete parking lot.
Luckily the woman caught the child in her arms and told police she will follow up with medical professionals to check for injuries.
Davis is charged with domestic assault and interfering with 911 calls along with child abuse and endangerment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- At NC event, Kamala Harris says she believes Trump is a racist, calls on voters to mobilize
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Trump spokesperson says armed men outside Florida early voting location not hired by campaign
- 100-year-old WWII veteran shares secrets of longevity, success
- Dallas man and his late wife’s stolen identity used to commit voter fraud
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now