KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Knoxville man is facing child abuse and neglect charges after witnesses say he threw a 1-year-old child.
Jacquez Davis was taken into custody on Monday after officers responded to a domestic dispute between Davis and his girlfriend. The victim told officers their verbal argument had turned physical.
Davis allegedly punched the woman in the face before throwing their child a distance of more than 15 feet over a concrete parking lot.
Luckily the woman caught the child in her arms and told police she will follow up with medical professionals to check for injuries.
Davis is charged with domestic assault and interfering with 911 calls along with child abuse and endangerment.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lowe’s Home Improvement to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off
- Local Church Creates a Welcoming Community for Families in the Triangle
- Second NC brother sentenced to decades in prison for child rape
- Executive order to put limit on number of customers in essential retailers, Gov. Cooper says
- Fort Bragg soldiers head to NYC to help as city reports deadliest day of COVID-19 pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now