CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – A tractor-trailer overturned in an early Saturday crash after hitting a fishing boat that was abandoned in the highway.
The wreck happened on U.S. Highway 501 between Aynor and Conway near D Street, according to Horry County Fire Rescue.
Crews received the call around 3:20 a.m. Saturday, according to officials.
No one was seriously hurt in the crash, which happened about 18 miles from Myrtle Beach.
The tractor-trailer, a UPS truck, could be seen on its side at the crash scene. The mangled boat was still in the highway after the crash — with its outboard engine a few feet away on the pavement.
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety is still investigating the incident.
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by car at intersection in Raleigh
- WHO to temporarily stop study of malaria drug
- Trump honors fallen soldiers on Memorial Day in twin events
- Woman stabbed as she tried picking up friend who was arguing with people, police say
- Raleigh Dream Center meeting increased food need during coronavirus pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now