PINE RIDGE, S.C. (AP/WNCN) — Police are looking for the man who set a police car on fire in parking lot of a small town South Carolina police station.
Surveillance video shows the man run up to the marked car around 9 p.m. July 31 in Pine Ridge and spend 20 seconds pouring liquid from what looks like a red gas can on the driver’s door.
The video released by the State Law Enforcement Division shows the man flick a lighter before the fire is set.
The car immediately begins burning and he runs away. The fire engulfed the front part of the car and appeared to also destroy the interior of the car.
Agents say the man drove away from the fire in a silver, four-door sedan.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Orange County school leaders to meet again after 2 hours of debating in-person learning plans
- NC to allow indoor visits at nursing homes as progress made against COVID-19
- 2 Cumberland County schools to close for cleaning after staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Does smoke exposure increase firefighters’ susceptibility to COVID-19? It’s possible, UNC researcher says
- Man wounded in Durham shooting along East Main Street, police say