BOILING SPRINGS, S.C. (WSPA) — The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office in South Carolina is investigating an incident in which a man appeared to deliberately cough on merchandise in the Walmart in Boiling Springs.
Walmart confirmed the incident took place Sunday at its store, located at 4000 Highway 9 in Boiling Springs, South Carolina.
A spokeswoman for Walmart gave the following statement via email:
“It’s unfortunate that a person would behave this way in our store. We appreciate our customers who take the health and safety of others seriously.”
The sheriff’s office said that, because the investigation into the incident is ongoing, no further information is available at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 arrested on multiple drug charges; woman hid fentanyl ‘inside her body,’ deputies say
- Durham Public Schools puts plan to return to in-person instruction on hold
- High school football kicks off in the Triangle as COVID-19 restrictions set to ease
- ‘Shook the whole building’ – 1.9 magnitude earthquake reported in Sparta
- Controversial Tennessee bill to ban transgender athletes in schools advances