DELCAMBRE, La. (WKRG) — The shrimping community of Delcambre, Louisiana, is feeling the effects of Hurricane Laura’s storm surge.
Shrimp boats that are docked in the Delcambre Canal are hanging on dearly. Reporter Britt Lofaso was on the scene in the middle of Laura’s wrath.
Laura made landfall about 1 a.m. near Cameron, Louisiana, with winds of more than 150 mph.
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Video shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- US basketball loses to France, 25-game Olympic win streak ends
- Russians top Biles, Americans in gymnastics qualifying
- History made: Anastasija Zolotic becomes first Team USA woman to win taekwondo gold
- ‘Garden of the Phoenix’ displays history of US-Japan relations