DELCAMBRE, La. (WKRG) — The shrimping community of Delcambre, Louisiana, is feeling the effects of Hurricane Laura’s storm surge.
Shrimp boats that are docked in the Delcambre Canal are hanging on dearly. Reporter Britt Lofaso was on the scene in the middle of Laura’s wrath.
Laura made landfall about 1 a.m. near Cameron, Louisiana, with winds of more than 150 mph.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- More than half of police in NC town resign after fellow officer is asked to quit
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations