FLORENCE, S.C. (WBTW) - Dashcam video released by the Florence County Sheriff’s Office shows a woman’s attempt to run from deputies, officials say.
In the video, she can be seen hitting multiple cruisers, flipping the SUV, before she is ultimately thrown from the vehicle before being arrested, deputies said.
The chase happened July 12, and Chief Deputy Glen Kirby confirms deputies were involved in an SUV chase in the area of TV Road and McIver Road.
The suspect, identified by Kirby as 24-year-old Brittany Nicole Jeffords, is seen driving erratically, hitting other vehicles and even crashing into a home, authorities say.
Major Michael Nunn said the incident began at 12:39 p.m. on July 12, when a patrol deputy tried to stop Jeffords on North Cashua Street for a moving violation and Jeffords refused.
The vehicle briefly came to a stop in a parking lot, where a passenger exited the car, deputies said.
The male suspect was arrested. When officers asked the man why Jeffords drove away, he told them Jeffords said she didn't want to go back to jail, officials said.
The vehicle continued to flee from deputies. The pursuit continued into the Black Creek and TV Road area, where it ended after the SUV crashed and overturned multiple times.
Jeffords was ejected from the vehicle and was transported to McLeod hospital.
Jeffords is charged with failure to stop for blue light charge and a driving under suspension charge, license suspended for DUI, in addition to two counts of failure to appear.
Jeffords was in court where her bond was set at $3,650 for the failure to stop for blue light charge and a driving under suspension charges, but she will remain in jail for the failure to appear warrants until she can see a general sessions judge.
Tennessee man wanted for raping...
Baby exposed to cocaine suffers...
- Chapel Hill man drove Camaro 157 mph while fleeing authorities, Goldsboro police say
- After attack in Wake Forest parking lot, police to focus on keeping holiday shoppers safe
- Motorcyclist dies in collision with car in Durham, police say
- Group arranges shoes in Raleigh to remember 1,412 people killed on NC roads last year
- NC man killed during armed robbery at US Virgin Islands bar
- Sentencing set for Colorado man with NC ties after guilty plea in family killings
- NC college football player killed in fiery crash in Fayetteville, team officials say
- 10+ shots fired during NC officer-involved shooting Monday morning, police say