LYNCHBURG, Va. — One Chick-fil-A location is giving away free food if you trade in coins for cash at the restaurant.
The Chick-fil-A at 4003 Wards Road in Lynchburg, Virginia, says they’ve already gotten overwhelming response.
From 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 29, the restaurant will give $10 cash in exchange for rolls of $10 worth of coins to help the restaurant get through the nationwide coin shortage.
Any customer that helps the restaurant out will get a coupon for a free entree. The coupon card includes options for an original or spicy chicken sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich or eight chicken nuggets.
The Chick-fil-A has set a limit of 10 coupon cards per guest.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man tried to save life of NC teen who died after being hit by car
- COVID-19 vaccines likely delayed for teachers, Cumberland County school officials say
- North Carolina man charged in connection with Capitol riots, FBI says
- Fayetteville man behind bars after trooper pulls him over for speeding, finds gun and drugs
- Breakup is catalyst for Lee County murder-suicide, sheriff’s office says