ETCHER COUNTY, Ky. (WJHL) – The band director at Wise Central High School in Virginia has been charged with multiple counts of child pornography in southeast Kentucky.
According to online Letcher County District Court documents, Dalton Bates is charged with 20 counts of possessing or viewing matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor.
He’s also charged with distribution of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor.
According to Bates’s Facebook page, he is the band director at Wise Central High School. Posts and photos on the band’s Facebook page also show him as the band’s director.
Bates is currently being held in the Letcher County Jail on a $100,000 bond.
An arraignment hearing is set for Friday morning at 8 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State health officials urge North Carolinians not to panic, but to prepare for the coronavirus
- More than 3,800, including 2 schools, without power outside downtown Chapel Hill
- Elderly S.C. couple reported missing found safe
- ‘I think I took it a little too far’: Florida boy, 12, arrested after beating dog with metal pipes, deputies say
- Babysitter accidentally shot 10-year-old Texas boy while taking selfies with gun, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now