SPRINGFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — A Virginia infant is dead after being left in a hot car by the child’s father, according to police.
Authorities in Fairfax County say the preliminary investigation reveals the father “inadvertently left the infant in a car for an extended amount of time.” Other details remain limited.
The exact cause and manner of death will be determined by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gov. Cooper: Schools will be open for in-person and virtual learning
- Former nursing aide faces 7 murder counts in insulin deaths at Veterans Affairs hospital
- Kanye West gets 2% in first US poll since announcing presidential run
- ‘Vanishing Twin Syndrome’ leaves baby with birthmark resembling his twin sister
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now