SPOTSYLVANIA Co., Va. (WRIC) – A Virginia mother is behind bars as she is accused of murdering her 3-month-old daughter.
According to the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office, deputies, along with fire rescue personnel, responded on March 17 to an address in the Cambridge Subdivision for an unresponsive child. The child was rushed to a local hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
The cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the head. Investigators later determined that the child’s mother, 25-year-old Stephanie Hadeen, was the caretaker of the child when it died.
After a lengthy investigation, a warrant for murder was obtained. Hadeen turned herself in on June 22 and is being held at Rappahannock Regional Jail.
Latest news from CBS17.com:
- Officials: Armed intruder reported on Louisiana State campus
- UNO shocks everyone with a rule clarification
- Here’s why more people are investing in RVs
- UNC students hope alcohol sales at football games are highly regulated
- El Paso victim’s husband given new SUV to replace vehicle stolen after funeral
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now