CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – A registered nurse was arrested Wednesday in South Carolina for stealing medication from patients for his own use, according to warrants for his arrest.
While working at the Lighthouse Behavioral Health Hospital at 152 Waccamaw Medical Park Dr. in Conway, South Carolina, 28-year-old Kyle Walton is accused of removing the contents of patient medication and setting it aside for his own personal use, according to his arrest warrants.
The warrants said between Aug. 9, 2019, and June 30, 2020, he removed the contents of capsules before allowing the medication to be administered to children, knowing no active ingredients were contained within the capsules.
Walton is being charged with five counts of unlawful neglect of a child or helpless person by a legal custodian, and five counts of theft of controlled substances.
He was released from J. Reuben Long Detention Center on a $10,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teen ‘Jane Doe’ identified in 54-year-old Texas cold case
- Trump pardons ex-strategist Steve Bannon, Lil Wayne, dozens of others
- Full list: All the pardons and commutations issued by President Trump in 2021
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen