BAYOU LA BATRE, Ala. – Two disused riverboat casinos docked in Bayou La Batre, Alabama, broke free this morning as Hurricane Sally inched toward land.
The two boats were captured floating away by MJ Bosarge as water rose in front of his vehicle.
“Ooh, it’s crushing the dock,” Bosarge says as the ship careens downstream.
The second ship can be seen closer to shore, but Bosarge says it was also loose on the waterway.
The Argosy Casino docked in the Ohio River near the Kentucky and Ohio border while still in use. The two boats have been docked in Bayou La Batre waiting to be repaired or scrapped for several years.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Orange County school leaders to meet again after 2 hours of debating in-person learning plans
- NC to allow indoor visits at nursing homes as progress made against COVID-19
- 2 Cumberland County schools to close for cleaning after staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Does smoke exposure increase firefighters’ susceptibility to COVID-19? It’s possible, UNC researcher says
- Man wounded in Durham shooting along East Main Street, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now