PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An inmate at a Florida detention center is accused of ordering a hit on his enemy’s brother with a postcard.
According to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office, Charles White, 40, directed an accomplice to kill another man as revenge. Deputies said he did this by sending Shane Yeomans, a criminal gang associate of his, a postcard via the U.S. Postal Service.
The note referenced having the victim harmed to avenge the death of White’s son, who was killed by the victim’s brother.
White later admitted to sending the postcard and wanting to have the victim killed, authorities said.
White also told deputies that he would kill the victim himself if they were housed in the same cell.
Deputies said White and Yeomans are documented members of criminal white supremacist gangs.
White is facing a charge of first-degree Attempt, Solicitation, and Conspiracy.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Using hand sanitizer may be giving you a false sense of security
- Dog dies after saving family from Florida house fire
- Obama says presidents shouldn’t watch TV
- Washington Monument reopens after 3-year closure for repairs
- Uptick seen in rare mosquito-borne virus in some US states
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now