MARION, Va. (AP/WJHL) – Police in Virginia say a woman and three young children are dead in an apparent murder-suicide.
The Smyth County Sheriff’s Office said authorities discovered the bodies of a 27-year-old woman, a 10-year-old and 3-year-old child after responding to a call Friday morning in Marion, a small town in Virginia’s southwest.
Police said a 6-year-old child was found in critical condition. The child was taken to a hospital and later died.
An 8-year-old child “escaped the scene,” police said.
Police said a preliminary investigation shows the woman killed the children and there are no other suspects. Police did not immediately release the names of the woman and children.
Police say the fourth child who escaped is with family. No update has been given on that child at this time.
- Cannon Hinnant memorial plans to be announced Wednesday in Wilson
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company
- CBS 17 Job Alert – NC Forest Service hiring, substance abuse counselor needed in Butner