KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A woman is accused of biting an officer at a Tennessee cemetery after trying to kill her dog.
Ashley Blake was found putting her knee on the dog’s neck in a Knoxville cemetery, claiming there were demons inside the dog, according to court documents.
Blake is accused of approaching an officer with a knife and refusing commands to stop. The officer was bitten while he was taking Blake into custody.
A syringe was also found on Blake, and she told officers she used it to shoot up meth.
Blake is charged with resisting arrest, animal cruelty, evading arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting stop, arrest and search.
Animal control took custody of the dog.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham City Council accepting applications to fill Ward 3 vacancy
- Tuesday Fur-cast | August 11
- Russia registers coronavirus vaccine, Putin says one of his daughters has been inoculated
- Scuffles erupt outside California church holding indoor service without masks, despite judge’s ban
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now