COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) – A 50-year-old woman has been arrested by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division after sending messages to a person on social media.
Officials said Kathryn Witt used several different accounts to send more than 200 messages to the victim. According to the incident report, Witt indicated she was watching the victim.
Authorities said the messages caused the victim to suffer mental and emotional distress.
Witt, who was charged with first-degree harassment, has been processed and taken to the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- September 16: Hot Again Today, Relief On The Way
- NCGA on track to OK new electoral maps this week; public hearing set for Monday
- Grandma uses hair dryer to catch neighborhood speeders
- Monday Fur-cast | September 16
- Hurricane Humberto moving away from U.S. coast
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WIS. All rights reserved.