CONWAY, S.C. (WBTW) – A key road in Horry County was shut down Friday morning after a woman died in a crash with a dump truck, officials said.
S.C. 905 near Shaftesbury Lane was closed after a dump truck versus vehicle incident that happened Friday morning, according to Horry County Fire Rescue.
Crews were dispatched to the area at 8:13 a.m.
A car drove over the middle line, striking a dump truck, according to officials.
Both drivers were injured, but the driver of the car suffered serious injuries, Horry County Fire Rescue said.
Officials later said the car driver died in the crash and was identified as Jessica A. Long, 32, of Conway. Long died at the scene, according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Chris Dontell.
South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating. People were asked to avoid the area while they work.
The road has since reopened.
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio