VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police are investigating a death on Saturday afternoon after a woman’s body was found in a dumpster following a dumpster fire.
Just after 12:40 p.m., dispatch requested the police to assist with a dumpster fire incident in the 4700 block of Columbus Street.
Once the fire was extinguished, the Virginia Beach Fire Department discovered the deceased body inside of the dumpster. The body is believed to be an adult woman, police say.
This scene is still active while detectives are investigating this case. The case will be jointly investigated by Fire Investigators as well as members of the Department’s Homicide Unit.
No further information is available at this time.
- Record turnout: 1.8 million have already voted in presidential election
- Coronavirus stimulus vote delayed in US House, Mnuchin says agreement reached on checks if there is a deal
- Durham’s Hillside High School closed due to ‘probable positive’ case of COVID-19; county extends elementary school closure
- Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Local visually impaired students among many facing different set of challenges with virtual learning