VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A woman was sent to a local hospital following an accident in the parking lot of a PNC bank in Virginia Beach Monday afternoon.
According to Virginia Beach Police, the call for the accident came around 1:15 p.m. Monday.
The incident happened in the parking lot of a PNC bank located at 4806 Virginia Beach Boulevard in Virginia Beach.
The woman was sent to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigations revealed the woman had gone through the drive thru lane of the bank when she opened her door to retrieve something that was dropped.
Reports say the woman’s vehicle rolled forward and the door struck the building, pinning the woman in the car.
Witnesses who work at nearby businesses tell 10 On Your Side first responders had to break the passenger side windows to get to the woman.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration
- California man arrested in double murder of wife, daughter
- Rezoning petition could pave way for new Panthers stadium