VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A woman was sent to a local hospital following an accident in the parking lot of a PNC bank in Virginia Beach Monday afternoon.
According to Virginia Beach Police, the call for the accident came around 1:15 p.m. Monday.
The incident happened in the parking lot of a PNC bank located at 4806 Virginia Beach Boulevard in Virginia Beach.
The woman was sent to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigations revealed the woman had gone through the drive thru lane of the bank when she opened her door to retrieve something that was dropped.
Reports say the woman’s vehicle rolled forward and the door struck the building, pinning the woman in the car.
Witnesses who work at nearby businesses tell 10 On Your Side first responders had to break the passenger side windows to get to the woman.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Schumer proposes $25,000 pay increase for essential workers
- Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennesee truck stop
- Lowe’s Home Improvement to close all stores, facilities for Easter to give workers ‘much-deserved’ day off
- Local Church Creates a Welcoming Community for Families in the Triangle
- Second NC brother sentenced to decades in prison for child rape
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now