CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Authorities in Charleston are searching for a 23-year-old woman they say left a downtown Charleston restaurant without paying her bill.
According to an incident report from the Charleston Police Department, officers responded to El Jefe on King Street in May of 2019 in reference to several people who had left the restaurant without paying a substantial portion of their bill.
The report states three women and a man ordered food and alcohol totaling $77, but left the business after only leaving $25 in cash on the table.
Police say the restaurant was able to locate an ID belonging to one of the women, Sadeja Manigault, that was inadvertently left on the table.
The other individuals were not identified.
A general manager of El Hefe says that dine-and-dash situations are rare but directly impact the server’s earnings. In recent years, they began holding on to customer credit cards when the bar gets busy to prevent the issue.
The restaurant is still working to provide surveillance footage of the incident.
Manigault is wanted for defrauding public accommodations in relation to that incident. Anyone with information is asked to call Charleston Police at 843-743-7200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Remember this? ‘Me at the Zoo’; first YouTube video posted 16 years ago today, watch it here
- ‘Don’t make me hurt you more’: Video shows officer shove, hit teen with autism
- VIDEO: Dog requires urgent surgery after grooming appointment
- Instagram video leads to man’s arrest after missing juvenile found in Tennessee
- Mother describes tragic moments when 7-year-old was shot, killed by driver in Hickory