ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Petersburg woman is accused of allowing her two dogs to kill a duckling while the ducklings’ mother attempted to stop it.
According to witnesses, Bonnie Nave, 59, kicked the mother duck several times to allow her dogs to attack the duckling.
According to an arrest affidavit, Nave did not deny the attack but told deputies the ducks attacked her dog. The affidavit stated that Nave thought the ducks were an invasive species.
Nave was booked into jail and later released on $5,000 bond.
- Local religious leaders ‘confused’ by President Trump’s ‘political’ photo op at Washington D.C. church
- Retired NC Rep. Michaux reflects on friendship with Martin Luther King Jr. as nation continues racial struggles decades later
- GOP senators offer rare rebuke of Trump on church visit
- Gov. Cooper says it’s ‘unfortunate’ GOP didn’t want to make changes to keep people safe
- 2 brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now