RESERVE, La. (WVLA) – An East St. John High School student faces charges after having a ‘weapon’ on campus.
Shortly after 11 a.m. Monday morning, East St. John High School was placed on lockdown after a student reported that another student may be in possession of a weapon.
In conjunction with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office, a search was conducted of the campus.
The student in question was located and the suspected weapon was determined to be an open stapler that had been wrapped in a bandana.
The student was removed from campus and has been booked by the Sheriff’s Office with terrorizing.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now