RESERVE, La. (WVLA) – An East St. John High School student faces charges after having a ‘weapon’ on campus.
Shortly after 11 a.m. Monday morning, East St. John High School was placed on lockdown after a student reported that another student may be in possession of a weapon.
In conjunction with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office, a search was conducted of the campus.
The student in question was located and the suspected weapon was determined to be an open stapler that had been wrapped in a bandana.
The student was removed from campus and has been booked by the Sheriff’s Office with terrorizing.
- 8 displaced after kitchen fire at Chapel Hill senior living facility
- California doctor shot and killed during trip with son, who hid from gunman in wilderness for 30 hours
- Waterspout moves ashore at NC coast, officials confirm tornado
- Baby goes home after spending 10 months in the hospital fighting for her life
- Florida man finds human head while out jogging, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now