ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C. (WNCN) – Roanoke Rapids police have arrested the man they say is responsible for shooting another man at a cookout in March.
Authorities say Derick Garris, of Roanoke Rapids, was arrested without incident Wednesday. Garris is being held at the Halifax County jail under a $100,000 bond and has been charged with Attempted Murder and Assault with a Deadly Weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Garris is accused of shooting a man in the face during a cookout in the 200 block of Monroe Street on March 29.
The victim was transported to Duke Hospital the night of the shooting and has since been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protesters march in downtown Raleigh after gathering outside NC Executive Mansion
- Woman injured after carjacker steals truck with her inside; crashes vehicle at Raleigh mall, police say
- 6 displaced after cooking fire spreads, damaging Durham home
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns
- Young NC woman dies in collision with tractor-trailer