GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — The suspect in the abduction of Ahlora Lindiment has been located, according to Greensboro police.
N’denezsia Monique Lancaster, 22, of Greensboro, was arrested. She is charged with first-degree kidnapping.
Once she is processed, police say she will be held in the Guilford County jail.
Ahlora was reported abducted at 6:33 p.m. on Wednesday near Claremont Homes Apartments in Greensboro. At 8:18 p.m. Thursday, Greensboro police received a call on the tip line that a girl, believed to be Ahlora, was at the Words of Faith Christian Center on Dillard Street.
Police said Ahlora was playing at a playground near an apartment complex and the suspect was around that playground and interacted with multiple adults and children.
“[The suspect] interacted with some adults, she interacted with multiple children in what was defined as a suspicious way,” Greensboro Police Chief Wayne Scott said at a Thursday afternoon news conference.
Scott said Ahlora was seen leaving the playground with the suspect.
Ahlora Lindiment was safely located on Thursday and reunited with her family. A heartwarming video posted to Facebook shows Ahlora’s stepmom welcoming home the 3-year-old.
- Fayetteville, AR police identify officer killed, suspect
- Multiple people hospitalized and two deaths after a violent night in Raleigh
- Police officer executed in shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, chief says
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now