A Tallahassee man facing murder charges in the death of a member of the Canadian military who was stationed at Tyndall Air Force Base pleaded guilty to manslaughter Tuesday.
Justin Timmons attacked and killed Master Corporal Martin Brayman in September.
Bay County Sheriff’s deputies said Timmons was among a group of people who visited Brayman at his house. During the night Timmons and his group were asked to leave. They left and then came back.
When they returned Brayman went outside to speak to the group and while speaking to one of the individuals, Timmons attacked him, deputies said.
Timmons was sentenced to 15 years in prison, the maximum sentence manslaughter. He was given credit for the time he has already served in jail.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC county school board member accused of making derogatory comments during meeting
- LIVE: Pres. Trump’s address at 75th annual UN General Assembly
- 2 Virginia residents charged with ‘terrorist threats’ in Ohio near Trump rally
- Louisville police chief declares state of emergency ahead of Breonna Taylor case update
- Florida man claims dolphin attacked, bit him