CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – College basketball is underway in Chapel Hill for UNC.
Friday, the Tar Heels tipped off their season with ‘Late Night with Roy.’
Fans filled the Dean Smith Center to see coach Roy Williams and the Tar Heels scrimmage, compete in games and dance.
For some, it was their first time attending the event. Others say it’s a tradition for college basketball in the Triangle.
“[It’s] just a time to get behind the team early in the season,” Tar Heel fan Byron Carter said. “The camaraderie with all of the fans out here, that’s why we’re here.”
UNC’s season officially opens November 1.
- Jason Caffey remembers Lakers legend Kobe Bryant
- Basketball fans mourn the death of Kobe Bryant and his daughter
- Odor of gas to delay Durham elementary school opening Monday
- 6 shot, 2 trampled inside NC ‘down-home cooking’ restaurant during party
- Michael Jordan and Duke’s Coach K react to death of Kobe Bryant