CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – College basketball is underway in Chapel Hill for UNC.
Friday, the Tar Heels tipped off their season with ‘Late Night with Roy.’
Fans filled the Dean Smith Center to see coach Roy Williams and the Tar Heels scrimmage, compete in games and dance.
For some, it was their first time attending the event. Others say it’s a tradition for college basketball in the Triangle.
“[It’s] just a time to get behind the team early in the season,” Tar Heel fan Byron Carter said. “The camaraderie with all of the fans out here, that’s why we’re here.”
UNC’s season officially opens November 1.
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now