GREENSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A 17-year-old is facing charges related to an incident that happened at Four Seasons Mall Saturday night. Police responded to an initial call, which was reported as an active shooter.
Officers on scene were able to confirm within a minute or less that there were no shots fired at all.
After investigating further, Greensboro police said that a fight started, and during the chaos someone yelled there were shots fired, which created mass panic throughout the mall.
Claims of shots fired were also being posted on social media, which continued the rumors and police continue to say, no shots were fired.
Victoria Waldrip, 17, of Marietta, Georgia, was arrested for trespassing and assaulting an officer. Investigators say Waldrip refused to leave the mall after officers and mall security gave her multiple opportunities to do so.
Police say Waldrip is charged with resisting and assaulting an officer because she resisted during her arrest and she licked an officer.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN WANTED IN FATAL FACEBOOK LIVE SHOOTING NEAR NC UNIVERSITY IN CUSTODY
- HUNDREDS GATHER AT VIGIL FOR WAKE FOREST TEEN WHO DIED IN CRASH
- OPIOID CRISIS ALSO AFFECTING NEWBORNS THROUGHOUT THE TRIANGLE
- RAW VIDEO: 16-FOOT GREAT WHITE SHARK CAUGHT OFF HILTON HEAD
- VIDEO: FIREFIGHTERS RESCUE MOM, 3 KIDS FROM HOUSTON APARTMENT FIRE